Manage your Wi-Fi network and AirPort base stations, including AirPort Express, AirPort Extreme and Time Capsule, with Apple’s new app AirPort Utility. Using the app, you can see a graphical view of your Wi-Fi network and devices. There are lights near each device to show you the status.
The utility works with all Apple 802.11n Wi-Fi bases stations. The universal app works on iPads, iPhones and iPod Touch devices running iOS 5.0.
Using the app, you can:
• See a graphical overview of your Wi-Fi network
• Get information about your connected Wi-Fi devices
• View and change network and Wi-Fi settings
• Restart or restore a base station, or update the firmware on a base station when available
• View or update passwords for your network, base stations, or disks
• Easily access network information such as IP address, DNS servers, and router addresses
• Manage DHCP reservations and port mappings
• View status or error messages for your base stations
You will need to know your Wi-Fi password and the base station password in order to have full access to the AirPort Extreme and Time Capsule devices. Once you enter the proper credentials, you will be able to see the IP address, serial number, firmware version and network name. You can also change the various settings, see how many clients are connected, and obtain much more information and details.
Download the free app and start managing your WiFi network from your iPad.