After mysteriously disappearing shortly after it was introduced, Gmail has returned as an app. Version 1.0.2 has been released. If you already installed a prior version, you “will need to uninstall or log out of the old app prior to installing the new app.”
This app will work with the iPad and allows you to:
● Receive notification badges for new messages
● Read your mail with threaded conversations
● Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting, and reporting spam
● Keep track of important messages with priority inbox
● Auto-complete contact names as you type
● Send and receive attachments
● Search through all your mail
You need to be running iOS4 or greater.
For additional information, you can visit the official Gmail iOS App page.