The developer of Notes Plus has submitted version 3.o to the app store for approval. The process takes about 7 days and the download may be ready around January 8, 2012.
The developer states the improvements include the following:
- Smoother handwriting. Better inking. Just a better handwriting experience overall. I put the below screenshot in hi-def so that you can see the inking:
- No more database! All flat files. Better yet, they are SVG so that you can view (and share) them in any web browser (I’ll put up an example soon).
- Full Dropbox sync-ing. That is, at anytime, the dedicated Dropbox folder for Notes Plus (currently predefined as Dropbox/NotesPlus/Data) mirrors exactly the file content of the app.
- PDF import (open-in) and annotation.
- Image support.
- Better typed text handling with full-page text canvas. Tap on text mode and start typing without worrying about text box size and location (text box is still supported).
- Better close-up writing experience with more control and space, yet retaining the best feature of auto-advance in current Notes Plus.
- We will have the side navigation popover like before, no shelf (I found this too disruptive).
- PDF viewing on browser side while taking notes on notebook side: