Shazam Entertainment has launched Shazam Player. The company’s other app, Shazam for iPad, helped identify music you were listening to so you could buy and download it.
Now, according to the company:
“you can now see streaming lyrics, watch YouTube videos and read reviews of your favorite tracks and artists! Get to know your music with Shazam Player.
It’s your music. Shazam Player lets you do more with it.
• Bring your music to life with LyricPlay™. See streaming lyrics in time to the music – you’ll always have the words to your favorite songs with you.
• Share the soundtrack of your day on Facebook and Twitter
• Watch YouTube videos and concert clips
• Find tour dates for the bands and artists you’re into
• Manage your music – see your iTunes playlists and create new playlists on the fly
• Select your favorite tracks and hide ones you don’t want to hear
• Add to your music – buy new tracks on iTunes from within the app
• View music by artist/album/title and use the Track Tray to see all the great Shazam features available for each song
• Top tracks – a changing list of LyricPlay tracks – buy them straight from the app if you don’t already own them
• Identify new music you’re hearing by instantly launching the Shazam App
•LyricPlay is available on over 30,000 tracks and we’re adding more all the time
‘Shazam Player’ is a trademark of Shazam Entertainment Limited.”
FAQ concerning the product is here.