When Apple announced the iPad on March 7, it also introduced updated software and something new. iPhoto for the iPad and iPhone. Previously, iPhoto was available as part of the iLife suite of apps on the Mac to allow you to organize, edit and share your digital photos and images. Now, the app has been introduced to the iPad and iPhone.
With this new app, you can edit and share your photos, all from your iOS device. The different multi-touch gestures and palettes of tools allow for the unique experience. The ways you can edit and add effects are not only plentiful, but presented in a uniquely intuitive way – via a palette or set of “brushes” that allow you to brush on effects.
After you have edited your photos, you can create photo journals, publish them as web pages via iCloud, stream them with AirPlay or send them to your favorite social media.
Apple provides the following feature information about the app.
• Use simple gestures to quickly sort through dozens or even hundreds of photos
• Automatically find similar photos, so you can quickly make comparisons
• View multiple photos side-by-side to help you choose your best images
• Tap to mark any photo with a flag, select a favorite, or hide an image
• Resize and reposition scrollable thumbnail grid for optimal browsing in any orientation
• Simply touch and drag on the parts of the image you want to change
• Touch and drag on the image to adjust blue skies, greenery, and skin tones
• Drag the white balance loupe to make precise color corrections
• All image adjustments are completely non-destructive and can be modified at any time
• Straighten your pictures with a tap using automatic horizon detection
• Use your fingertip to paint photo adjustments right where you need them
• Turn on edge detection to help you apply adjustments with even more precision
• Lighten, darken, and change saturation or sharpness selectively
• Paint out spots and blemishes with a powerful Repair brush
• Brush away red-eye, or use the Soften brush to minimize wrinkles
• Enhance your photos with dozens of beautiful, Apple-designed effects
• Touch and drag to add drama to landscapes with a selection of graduated filters
• Create a perfectly toned black-and-white photo by simply dragging your finger
• Pinch and zoom a vignette or tilt-shift filter to focus on a key part of the photo
• Apply artistic effects to transform your photos into brilliant watercolors
• Share your stories in a whole new way as beautiful photo journals
• iPhoto automatically flows your pictures into a great-looking layout that’s fun to personalize
• Freely move and resize photos with a touch of your finger
• Touch and drag to add captions, maps, dates, and even the weather
• Publish your photo journals to iCloud as stunning web pages to share
Other great iPhoto features
• iPhoto is a universal app, optimized for both iPhone and iPad
• Create cinematic slideshows of your photos with a few taps
• Post directly to Facebook or Flickr and view friends’ comments on your photos
• Beam photos between your iPhone and iPad, including all non-destructive adjustments
• Use AirPlay to stream photos and slideshows to your HDTV over Wi-Fi with Apple TV
• Print your photos wirelessly on an AirPrint-enabled printer
The app allows for sophisticated and simple effects. For $4.99 US, it is well worth the price and is available via the App Store.
One thought on “iPhoto for iPad (and iPhone)”
Thanks alot for giving us this information about this amazing application.