Today, Spotify released its iPad app. Spotify is a music streaming service that offers digitally restricted streaming of selected music from a range of major and independent record labels. Music can be browsed by artist, album, record label, genre or playlists. You can also search. Basically, the app allows you to access and stream music tracks from albums and artists.
The service is available for free for a period of time with a Facebook login but you can upgrade to the unlimited plan without ads for $4.99 or choose the Premium plan with offline listing for $9.99 a month. You can read more about it on this wikipedia page.
The service started in Europe a few years ago and has made its way to the United States.
The developer describes the app’s features as follows:
• Instant access to millions of tracks
• Stream online
• Listen offline – no mobile connection needed
• Share music with your friends
• Star your favourite tracks
• Wirelessly sync your own MP3s to your iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad
• Create and sync playlists
• Send the tracks you listen to direct to Last.fm & Facebook