If you use Gmail and are not satisfied with the built in Mail app experience, you may want to download the official Gmail app. This app is universal and will work on both the iPhone and iPad running at least iOS 4.
This update contains:
– Notification Center support. Banners, alerts and lock screen notification options.
– “Send-as”. Alternate sender support, if configured within Gmail.
– Persistent login. Sessions no longer expire.
With the Gmail app, you can:
● Receive notifications for new messages
● Read your mail with threaded conversations
● Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting, and reporting spam
● Keep track of important messages with priority inbox
● Auto-complete contact names as you type
● Send and receive attachments
● Search through all your mail
The Gmail app is available for devices running iOS 4+.