The old app Moleskine will be removed from the app store on September 1, 2012.
The developer seeks to model the app on the “legendary notebook used by artists and thinkers over the past two centuries.”
The developer describes the app as follows:
“Created with input by a team of artists, designers and other Moleskine enthusiasts like you, the all-new digital Moleskine journal features the attributes you cherish most in Moleskine tools: simplicity and elegance.
– Classic Moleskine journal style
– Signature Moleskine Inner Pocket to store your favorite snippets of imagery and text
– Portrait and landscape modes – including unique double-spread view in landscape mode
– Thumbnail view with editable menu
– Full artist toolset: watercolor brush, Moleskine pencil, Moleskine pen, Moleskine eraser, highlighter, and scissors
– Art tools come with size control and full-spectrum color selector available on-the-fly
– Color selector is fully featured to give complete artistic control, with value slide, opacity slide, custom swatch library and cream-color Moleskine paper background for easier color selection
– Text tool with all iOS-available fonts, color selector, opacity and size control on-the-fly
– Multiple undo and redo
– Built-in camera for immediate image taking
– Easy image import
– Project shareability via email, Facebook and Twitter
– Easy sync to Evernote and backup to Dropbox
– Classic Moleskine bookmark ribbon
– Classic Moleskine paper selection—plain, ruled, squared—plus page templates from the popular Weekly Planner, Passion Recipe Journal and Storyboard Notebook
– Intuitive Apple iOS gestures such as pinch, spread, 2-finger scroll and page flip
– Fully editable library in thumbnail and list mode
THE CLASSIC FUTURE OF DIGITAL JOURNALS
The look and feel is classic Moleskine. Tap the familiar cover to enter your journal and a powerful range of tools and templates—everything you need for unprecedented productivity, creativity and passion.
The artist toolset comes with paintbrush, Moleskine pencil, Moleskine pen and Moleskine black eraser, to use on your choice of three Moleskine paper styles (plain, ruled, squared), or page templates from some of the most popular Moleskine journals, including the Moleskine Weekly Planner, Moleskine Passion Recipe Journal and Moleskine Storyboard Notebook. Run out of pages? Add more. The possibilities really are limitless.”
If you are looking for another way to store bits of information in a journal form, you may want to check out this free app.