Although the app states it is compatible with Parallels Desktop 7, it appears to work with the newest version 8.
If you have a new MacBookPro Retina, you can enable the retina graphics within Parallels. However, with the retina graphics on, it is difficult to see and use the mobile version on a mobile device.
The developer describes the app as follows:
Access and use your Mac applications and Windows programs running in Parallels Desktop for Mac while you’re on the go. Parallels Mobile is all new! (Access to Mac applications requires Parallels Desktop 7.)
Parallels Mobile allows you to remotely access all the applications on your Mac – both Mac applications and Windows programs – from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
Parallels Mobile lets you:
– Use any of your Windows applications, from Internet Explorer to Outlook
– Remotely start, stop any of your applications.
– Stay connected via WiFi or 3G networks
– Control your Mac just like you control Windows (Parallels Desktop 7 only)
– Play back music and audio files remotely – see and hear Flash video on your iPad or iPhone (Parallels Desktop 7 only)
– Copy and paste text between your mobile device and Windows programs (Parallels Desktop 7 only)
The app has an introductory price of $4.99 for a limited time and will be sold at the standard $19.99 at a later time.