For a short time (a few hours) Meeting Minutes is completely FREE instead of $4.99.
This app is supposed to be a comprehensive app for managing meetings. If this is the kind of app you are wanting to try out, now is the time to download it. You can learn more from the developer’s website.
The developer describes the core features as follows:
1- VISUAL SEATING
– Visual seating for 20 attendees
– 3 different meeting rooms themes and tables
– Ability to move attendee chairs around the table
– Drag and drop an attendee chair at the exit sign to delete from a meeting.
– Representation of tele-attendees
2- MEETING SCHEDULING
– Scheduling from imported calendar
– Scheduling from imported previous meetings
– Two way synch with the calendar
– Geo tagging when scheduling meetings
– Adding attendees and documents while scheduling a meeting
– Scheduling recurring meetings
– Invite other attendees by sharing scheduled meeting calender
3- MEETING AGENDA
– Ability to copy and paste agenda items from any text and every line will be added as a separate agenda item.
– Ability to change the order of the agenda items
4- MEETING DOCUMENTS
– Keep meeting documents within the meeting room drawer.
– Drag documents to the meeting table to associate with the current meeting
– View documents while taking text notes
– View documents at full screen
– Support for PDF, iWork, MS Office, RTF and simple Text files
– Search capability within the documents drawer
– Search filters for documents and photos
5- MEETING NOTES
– Adding text notes
– Adding handwritten notes or drawings
– Shortcuts on the meeting table for notes
– Any text, handwritten notes or drawings are included automatically within the meeting minutes
6- MEETING ATTENDEES
– Selecting meeting attendees when scheduling the meeting or on the go during the meeting.
– Highlight all attendees and with one click they are all represented on the meeting table
– Edit the details of the attendee and write your own personal comments
– Mark the attendee as a male or a female
– Import attendees from the contacts or add them manually
– Two way synch with the iPad contacts
– Intelligent search for attendees
7- MEETING RECORDING
– Clear recording for many hours
– Labeling who is currently talking to easily identify during the playback
– Archive recording files for all past meetings which can be exported using the iTunes
8- MEETING CAMERA
– Capturing whiteboard snapshots while in a meeting
– Scan documents and attach to meeting minutes
– Right and left handed photo taking positions
– Capture photo to the attendees or the meeting room to visually remember later the meeting.
– Ability to save the photo taken with a unique name.
9- MEETING ACTION POINTS
– Take action points during the meeting
– Assign attendees to the action points taken
– Define a due date for every single action point
– Ability to add action points directly to the attendee by long pressing the attendee chair
– Send action points directly to the attendee
10- MEETINGS ARCHIVING
– Archive meeting text and handwritten notes plus the drawing.
– Ability to play back the recorded files and showing the name of the speaker.
– Archive all general meeting info plus a snapshot of the meeting table along with the seating arrangement of the meeting attendees.
– Archive the meeting minutes with the ability to re-open and modify.
11- MEETING MINUTES
– Automatically generate the minutes of the meeting if chosen when exiting a meeting.
– Ability to edit the meeting minutes
– An edit toolbar that contains bold, italic and underlined lines , large and small font size , different colors and different fonts.
– View and edit the MoM in full screen
– Exporting the meeting minutes to the Dropbox account.
– Open In feature for the meeting minutes
– Ability to print the MoM
– Sharing and sending the minutes by email to all attendees.
– Attaching meeting documents to the MoM