In an interesting twist, UX Write iPad Word Processor, an app that normally costs about $24 is downloadable for free until June 10.
[UPDATE: Although the developer had the promotion running at the original time of this post, it appears that the developer has since removed the free promotion. The concern expressed about the “scam” that caused the app to be free is still addressed on the developer’s blog here.]
The developer states: “*** Special offer: Since there are multiple “developers” currently selling pirated copies of UX Write on the app store, we’ve decided to undercut them and run a five-day special where you can get the app for free. Normally $24.99, you can now get the *genuine* version of UX Write for even less than the bootleg copies! Offer ends 10th June. ***” You can read more about the developer’s frustration with what he calls pirated copies here.
Watch a quick video of some of the amazing features of this full fledged word processor.
The developer lists some of the features included in this word processing app as follows:
• Read & write Microsoft Word (.docx only, *NOT* .doc)
• Read & write HTML5
• Write Adobe PDF
• Print directly from your iPhone/iPad with Apple AirPrint
• Email documents in Word, HTML5, and PDF formats
• Secure, fully automatic Dropbox and WebDAV synchronization
► MAJOR FEATURES
• Work seamlessly between UX Write and Microsoft Word with the *best* .docx support on the iPad
• Reflowable text (like e-books and web pages) that automatically adapts to your screen size & orientation
• View text comfortably at your preferred size, without changing document formatting
• Works perfectly offline – no internet connection required
• *Bluetooth keyboard* support, including all shortcuts
• Enhanced on-screen keyboard and “virtual trackpad” for convenient editing
• Enhanced auto-correct takes the headache out of typos
• Preview and restore old versions of documents stored on Dropbox!
• Styles for quick, consistent formatting across your documents
• Headings, lists, tables, and figures
• Outline view and editing for quickly navigating and restructuring large documents
• Automatic numbering, cross-references, table of contents, list of figures & tables
If you were looking for a word processing app that performs incredibly well and want a bargain price, check out UX Write – iPad Word Processor.