For NeatCloud subscribers, Neat has updated their receipt gathering app for iPhones and iPads.
If you have purchased a Neat receipts device, this company and product is familiar to you. The iOS app is described as follows:
The Neat app is free for NeatCloud® subscribers. Please visit the Neat website for more information. Neat is a Digital Filing System that helps you transform, organize, and access your important information across all the devices you use.
With the Neat app, you can manage your important files anywhere, anytime. You can even use the camera on your iPhone or iPad to scan in receipts, business cards, and other documents.
Key Features of the Neat app:
• Scan receipts, business cards, and any other document using your iPhone or iPad camera
• Intelligent Text Recognition reads and extracts key information, such as names and addresses from business cards and tax and totals from receipts
• Edit data on any Neat file – even those you scanned at home
• Create expense reports right from your phone or tablet
• Sync your Neat files across all of your devices and manage them anywhere – it’s like having your filing cabinet in your pocket
• Share files and folders with others, and comment back and forth on shared items
• Receive notifications when your mobile scans have been processed and are ready to view – on your desktop, via the web, or right on your device
• Use keyword search to find anything – fast
• One tap to call or email your Neat contacts
Key Features of the Neat Digital Filing System:
• Transform receipts, business cards, and other documents into organized digital information you can use
• Easily import e-receipts, PDFs, and images directly from your email or computer
• Intelligent Text Recognition technology reads and extracts key information from business cards and receipts, and makes every word of every document keyword searchable
• Share files and folders with whomever you choose
• Quickly create expense reports and tax reports, file FSA claims, and track expenses
• Sync contacts to your Mac Address Book or Outlook
• Export data to Excel, Quicken, Quickbooks, CSV, and more
The mobile app relies upon and requires a subscription to the NeatCloud service which is a paid monthly service. There is a free 30 day try out period.
Using the service, you can sync the receipts and documents from your iOS device and Mac.
Neat describes the service as follows:
NeatCloud securely backs up your Digital Filing System, and allows you to add to it – or access it – from anywhere. NeatMobile turns your smartphone or tablet* into a handy Neat scanner, and another way to access your files. Try NeatCloud with the Neat mobile app free for 30 days and see for yourself.