Quip is touted as being a modern word processor that allows you to create documents on any device (iPad, iPhone and Desktop) and allows for collaboration in real time.
The developer notes the key features as:
• Real-time, collaborative editing
• Messaging – Every document has a chat thread
• Offline – Edit anywhere, even on an airplane
• Folders – Share with your family or team
• Checklists – Interactive, shared lists
• Diffs – Every edit is in a document news feed
• Presence – See who’s online, what they’re up to
• @mentions – Link to people and documents
• Notifications – Know when a doc is opened
• Read receipts – Check who’s read your edits
• Inbox – See what you haven’t read
Quip also works on the desktop (Mac and PC). Go to Quip.com and create a free account.
The business uses and costs are found at quip.com/business. Up to 5 users can use Quip basic for free. It appears there is a $12 a month per user cost that is outlined here and seen below.
20% annual discount
Quip EnterpriseComing soon
|Number of Users||Up to 5 users||250 users||Domain License|
|Remote Device Management||*||*|
|User Admin Console||*||*|
|Single Sign On||*||*|
|Enhanced Security Features||*|
|Contact us||Coming soon|
Learn more about the product at quip.com.