Genius Scan+ – PDF Scanner is on sale today for 99¢. The iOS universal app that works on both your iPhone and iPad normally sells for $4.99.
If you have been considering getting an app to scan and capture documents or receipts, this would be a good one to get. The main feature that is lacking is OCR capability.
The app has the some of the following features
– Detects the page frame and corrects the perspective
– Enhances the scan with color or black-and-white post-processing
– Emails the scans as JPG
– Creates PDF documents with multiple scans
– Emails the PDF documents
– Exports documents to iBooks or any app able to read PDF files
– Share scans to Twitter
– Print documents with AirPrint
– Exports the documents to Box, Dropbox, Evernote and Google Docs
– Send your expense reports to Expensify
– Shares document over Wifi for easy access from your computer
– Documents are processed on the phone, not sent to a third-party server
The app scans in a document via the camera. Once the picture is taken, you can export it as a PDF or JPEG with or without enhancement and color or black and white.
You can even create multipage documents by adding the new images to existing ones. After your multipage document is created, you can then change the page order.
If you are in a class or office and want to capture a picture of the White Board you have been working with, this app can do that too.
To learn more about the features, check out this page.
There is a free version called Genius Scan – PDF Scanner. But, that version does not have the ability to email, upload to Box, Dropbox, Evernote Expernsify, etc. print and has ads. If you download and enjoy the free version, go on and get the paid version for 99¢ today.
If you want to be able to fax documents from your phone, you may be interested in Genius Fax. The app is free, however, the cost of sending each page may be more than you are interested in. There is a sliding scale of fax credits via in app purchases that you need to buy in order to send pages.