Apple has updated iTunes U to version 2.0. According to Apple, “iTunes U courses let teachers give each class a customized learning experience. Teachers can create and manage their course and students can experience it all from the iTunes U app on iPad…Assignments, materials, and study notes all work together in the iTunes U app to keep students prepared for class and engaged in learning.”
Teachers can create posts, add materials and carry on discussions.
According to Apple, the update includes the following:
• The new iTunes U makes it simple for students participating in private courses to pose questions on the course or any post or assignment.
• Other students in the class can jump into the discussion and ask more questions or provide answers
• Teachers and students can keep up with the conversation when they receive push notifications as the discussion progresses
Create courses on iPad
• Teachers can now create and update their courses using the iTunes U app on their iPad—getting started is fast, simple, and completely free
• Provide every student a course outline, write posts, distribute assignments, upload class materials, easily track participating students, and much more
• Take advantage of the built in camera on iPad to easily capture photos or videos and upload them for course assignments
• Create materials using Pages, Numbers, and Keynote—or other apps from the App Store—and add them to your course by using “Open in iTunes U” from within each app
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions have the option to publish their courses to the iTunes U Catalog—making them available to everyone for free