Looking to learn how to create emojis (those little faces and symbols) on your iOS device? This is the easy way to switch on the feature. To enable emoji from the keyboard settings in iOS:
- Tap Settings > General > Keyboard.
- Tap Keyboards.
- Tap Add New Keyboard.
- Locate and tap Emoji.
Now, when you want use an emoji, tap the keyboard globe icon on the lower left.
You’ll be presented with rows and rows of the little icons. Swipe right to left to see more.
When using emoji in mail, text fields or messages, you may have some problems including:
- Emoji may not display as expected or match the sent emoji.
- Instead of emoji, the other device may display squares, equal signs, or question marks.
- Unexpected line breaks may appear before or after the emoji.
- You may be unable to reply to email messages that contain emoji or other unexpected characters. You may need to remove these to reply to the email.
If this happens, try to resend without using the emoji symbols. An emoji may not appear correctly on the receiving device or appear as blank spaces or boxes. That can happen when using iOS on another carrier’s network, a non iOS device or when using earlier versions of MacOS X.
This article was compiled from the following Apple kb articles:
Using emoji. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4976?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
Troubleshooting Emoji Issues. http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2450
SMS messages may display incorrectly. http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3672