When the built in reminders for your iOS device just doesn’t cut it and you are looking for a robust way to organize your work, school or life, OmniFocus 2 for iPad can do it. The new extension support alone is one main reason to upgrade.
The extension support, in iOS8, gives some apps the ability to talk with OmniFocus to allow quick creation or checking off of tasks. You can even see what task you have to perform in Today from the pull down menu on your iOS device without every having to fire up OmniFocus.
The app also feels much snappier and more responsive.
You can watch the app in action below.
The developer provides the following information about the new app:
• NEW Meticulously revamped user interface, designed for speed and comfort
• Reliable sync using our free service or your own server
• A flexible hierarchy: keep all your to-dos in one list or use as many levels of Folders, Projects, Groups, and Actions as you need to stay organized
• Assign contexts based on location, people, energy level—whatever you need to get the task accomplished
• Plan your day’s errands by listing nearby location-based contexts or viewing them on a map
• NEW Sharing Extension captures content from any app that has a Share button
• NEW Today Extension shows you OmniFocus items due today right in Notification Center
• Reminders Capture and OmniFocus Mail Drop for entering OmniFocus actions via Siri or email
• NEW Interactive notifications for nearby and due items let you mark complete (or snooze) without even opening the app
• NEW Edit and view estimated duration for actions
• NEW Search shows results from the current view or your entire OmniFocus database
• Add Photo and Audio attachments right on your iPad and view file attachments synced from other devices
• The sidebar’s Forecast row shows you how much is due in the next few days; open the Forecast perspective to see your due items alongside events from your iOS Calendar
• A dedicated Review perspective to make sure nothing falls through the cracks
• NEW OmniFocus syncs in the background so info you enter on other devices is ready when you are.
Starting from a solid, simple user experience, we added Pro features for customizing OmniFocus and making it even more powerful. Pro is available via In-App-Purchase and free to customers who purchased the v1 app:
• NEW Customize the sidebar to show just want you want, in the order you want it
• NEW Perspectives: save and revisit custom views for specific tasks or situations: “Show me the chores I can do in five minutes” or “What do I need to follow up on with the people from the planning meeting?”
Read that part again. If you are upgrading from V1, the Pro features are available for free as an in app purchase.