Alfred Remote is a personal command center for Alfred 2 for Mac. The Mac app is free, the iOS app costs $4.99. Your iPhone or iPad can now work with your Mac to help you be more productive by remotely controlling your Alfred 2 actions on your Mac.
You can use icons on your iOS device to control many Alfred 2 actions on your Mac. This allows you to replace hot keys with icons. Now, launch apps, files and websites, control your music, keep useful text snippets at hand and help with your productivity by connecting Remote to your favourite Alfred 2 workflows.
To use Alfred Remote’s core actions, you’ll need Alfred v2 on your Mac (available for free), and the ability to connect your Mac and iOS device to the same network.
To control Alfred 2’s Powerpack actions and make the most of Remote, you’ll need a Powerpack license for Alfred 2 on your Mac.
The below video demonstrates some of the features.
To set up the remote app, perform the following actions:
1. Ensure that your Mac and iOS device are on the same network
2. Open Alfred 2’s Remote preferences on Mac and select ‘Add iOS Remote’
3. Open Alfred Remote on iOS to the ‘Add’ screen, “Looking for Alfred”
4. Select your Mac when you see it appear on iOS, then type the passcode on your Mac
The minimum requirements are as follows:
– Alfred 2 on Mac, and the ability to connect to it from your iPhone/iPad over Wi-Fi.
– Alfred Remote is available for iPhone & iPad on iOS 7+
– Alfred v2.6 on OS X 10.8+ is required on your Mac
– You’ll need the ability to connect both your Mac and your iOS device to the same network through wired or Wi-Fi connection
– To control Alfred 2’s Powerpack actions, you’ll need the Powerpack for Alfred 2 on your Mac