For a limited time, PDF Markup Ultimate – Annotate, Scan, Fill Forms, and Take Notes with PDF Reader is offered for free. However, there is a subscription service that it uses for a monthly fee. The app normally sells for $4.99.
Depending on your preferences, you may not want to rely on the cloud service.
The features as described by the developer include:
Enjoy the latest iOS 9 features
• Quick Actions (3D Touch) – Press the app icon on your Home screen and get access to Quick Actions. (iPhone only)
• Peek and Pop (3D Touch) – Peek at each file for a quick preview and Pop into the content with a deeper press. (iPhone only)
• Slide Over & Split View – Run two apps side by side and control independently. (iPad only)
• Spotlight Search – Quickly find anything stored in app.
• Shared Links Extension – Browse through file links shared by Kdan Cloud as bookmarks in Safari.
Add Markups to PDFs
• Add highlights, freehand writings, sticky notes, text boxes, arrows, shapes, etc.
• Sound notes supported
• Send/Create flattened copies
• Insert images/hyperlinks to a PDF
• PDF signature & form filling
• BOTA list – displays a summary of all annotations applied to the PDF file
Backup Markups – New “My Markups”
• Extract annotations from PDFs and save them to “My markups” folder
• Import markups made by different users to the same PDF
• Please refer to “What’s New” stored in app for more instructions
Share Markups – New “My Markups”
• View markup files on a web format via the shareable link
• Post shareable links to personal social networks
Voice Reader (Text-To-Speech, TTS)
• Ability to adjust the TTS voice speed
• Support a total of 36 voices for 26 languages
File Manger & Viewing Mode
• Display video/audio files in PDFs
• Drag the selected item over another to create a new folder or to delete/move it to the target folder. (iPad only)
• Continuous scan & image adjustments
• Export scanned images as one PDF
• Rotate/Rearrange/Extract/ Add/Delete PDF pages
• Full integration with Dropbox, OneDrive, GoogleDrive, Evernote, Box, etc
• FTP and WebDAV client support
• Transfer files via WiFi, iTunes USB and Open-in feature
Kdan Cloud – Sign up for FREE
• Sign up now and get 500 MB of free space on Kdan Cloud!
• Allow to resume unfinished uploading (Files larger than 5MB will be supported)
• Support to transfer files in background
• Send file links via emails or personal social networks
• Upload, view, and manage files directly from your browser
• Send download links from the web with password protection
• Subscribe to our premium services for more advanced tools
• Kdan Cloud: $2.99/month or $9.99/year
• Deluxe Business Pack: $5.99/month or $29.99/year
• All Access Pack: $9.99/month or $59.99/year (Free Trial Available)
• Subscriptions will be charged through your iTunes account at the confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscriptions will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period, for the same duration and at the current subscription price.
• You may manage your subscriptions in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
Terms of service: https://auth.kdanmobile.com/articles/terms_of_service