Apple has released iOS 11.3 which promises to deliver new experiences with augmented reality, new Animoji for iPhone X users, access to health records and more. For those concerned about battery health, there is more “visibility into the battery health and performance.”
The new ARKit updates allow for AR experiences with vertical surfaces and more accurate mapping of irregular surfaces. There is a promises “50 percent greater resolution” and support for auto-focus.
Animoji has added a lion, bear, dragon and skull. So, if you have an iPhone X, you can now use these new characters.
A new feature in beta is Business Chat that allows communication directly with businesses using the Messages app on iPhone and iPad. When performing certain searches, you may say the option to contact businesses using Messages to ask questions about products or services. The conversations can be continues on Apple Watch or Mac too.
The new Health Records feature helps patients of more than 40 health systems to view their medical records from their iPhone. The data is encrypted and protected with a passcode.
With recent revelations about Facebook and privacy, Apple has introduced updated data and privacy information to make it easier for you to understand and know when Apple is asking for access to personal information.
Last, 11.3 adds the ability to better see your battery health. Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health (Beta) to learn more.
A final list of additional features includes:
- Apple Music now streams music videos uninterrupted by ads. Users can watch the hottest new videos, classics or ones from their favorite artists back-to-back in new music video playlists.
- Apple News makes it easier to stay up-to-date on the most important videos of the day with a new Video group in For You, and improved Top Stories.
- Commuters in Beijing and Shanghai can begin using Apple Pay on their iPhone and Apple Watch for an easy, fast and secure ride on Metro and bus lines.
- Apple TV app, a unified place for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV users to discover and start watching the best shows and movies, will launch in Brazil and Mexico. These markets join Apple TV app users in the US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Norway, Sweden and the UK.
- Brazil will gain Siri support on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV (4th generation), making it possible to search for and access movies, shows, songs, apps and more, using just your voice.
- HomeKit software authentication provides a great new way for developers to add HomeKit support to existing accessories while protecting privacy and security.
- Support for Advanced Mobile Location (AML) to automatically send a user’s current location when making a call to emergency services in countries where AML is supported.