Not only was iOS updated to version 14 but iWork apps were updated as well. If you use Keynote, Pages or Numbers, there are some interesting and helpful changes and improvements. To learn more about the new features in these apps, click here.
In Keynote, there are 3 main new functions. Those include Scribble, Outline View and Web videos. With Scribble, you can write with your Apple Pencil and your words will turn to text. Scribble is on by default.
To use the Scribble feature, in Keynote using your Apple Pencil, tap in a text box, shape or table cell where you want to write. Tap the Scribble Tool and then start writing.
As you enter text with Apple Pencil, you can do any of the following:
- Delete a word: Scratch it out.
- Insert text: Tap and hold in a text area, then start writing when a space opens.
- Join or separate characters: Draw a vertical line between them.
- Select text: Circle text or draw a line through it. Drag the selection handles with your finger to change the selection.
- Start a new paragraph: Tap in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen.
- Show a keyboard: Tap in the toolbar, then tap keyboard keys to correct text, delete characters, add spaces, and more.
- Undo the last action: Tap in the toolbar. Tap multiple times to undo all your recent actions.
- Add a new text box: Start writing away from other text areas (such as another text box or a selected table or table cell). A new text box is created for your text.
To learn more about the new Scribble Feature, click here.