It is possible to use keyboards other than the built in Apple iOS keyboard. There are several options for other keyboards. What is not usually clear is what to do after you buy the keyboard to make it work.
This will walk you through the process.
- Download / Buy the Keyboard you wish to add from the App Store.
- Tap Settings > General > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard…
- Tap on the New Keyboard you wish to add and choose the language.
- Open an app that uses a keyboard, e.g. Notes.
- Tap and hold on the globe icon.
- Choose which keyboard you wish to use and then type away. To get the Apple keyboard back, tap and hold on the globe and choose your language keyboard.