Today, Adobe Systems released Adobe Reader. This universal app will run on the iPad and iPhone. A list of features appears below. However, the ability to annotate and mark up a PDF does not appear to be present. This is consistent with the free Reader available on computers. The developer describes the app as follows:
Adobe Reader is the free global standard for reliably viewing and sharing PDF documents across platfoms and devices. Easily and efficiently access the widest range of PDF file types—including PDF Portfolios, password-protected PDF documents and Adobe LiveCycle rights-managed PDF files. Now available for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, Adobe Reader offers fast, high-quality interaction with PDF.
View PDF files
• Quickly open PDF files from email , the Web or any application that supports “Open In…”
• View PDF Portfolios, PDF Packages, annotations and drawing markups
• Read text annotations such as Sticky Notes
Access encrypted PDF files
• Open and view password-protected PDF files
• Access files secured by Adobe LiveCycle Rights Management, which helps protect sensitive documents
• Supports the highest grade of PDF encryption, up to AES256
Interact with PDF files
• Search text to find specific information
• Use bookmarks to jump directly to a section in your PDF file
• Select single page or continuous scroll modes
• Easily zoom in on text or images for a closer view
• Quickly navigate through large files using thumbnails
• Select and copy text from a PDF file to the clipboard
Print and share files
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint
• Share PDF files with other applications using “Open In…”
• Email PDF documents as attachments
Adobe has set up a user forum to address questions about the app.
There is some useful functionality like the ability to cut and paste. However, I still like programs like iAnnotate and GoodReader that allow you to mark up a PDF and access the files via DropBox.
For a free PDF reader with some useful functions like cut and paste, print and scrolling, Adobe Reader is worth downloading.
2 thoughts on “Adobe Reader for iPad”
is there any certain steps or particular ways to delete or remove files saved in this applications? Because apparently i have trouble deleting or removing unnecessary saved file in my ipad. Any suggestion for those kind troubleshoot? i appreciate your further info.